Preplanning has begun, and school will start soon. I've pretty much gotten everything together for my classroom. Lesson plans and open house packets are complete! Tomorrow is "Meet and Greet," which is what we in Georgia call open house. I get to meet all my little ones tomorrow! I've already met five of them, and they all seem really sweet. I've talked to the two four year old pre-K teachers, and they have been giving me the the "low down" on all of my kids. I now know who not to sit together, who talks a lot, and who has a hard time staying seated. Of course, all of that may change because every class is different! I'm really looking forward to getting the year started and getting into the routine of things. I feel a little scatterbrained right now just because I haven't taught in this setting yet. I'll feel more comfortable once things get going.
Stephen is really enjoying his job and gets along very well with the staff. In fact, tonight we are heading over to his boss Jim's house to eat dinner with his family and the family of Mrs. Priscilla, one of his co-workers. Everyone has been very welcoming to us, which has made the adjustment easier.
We are really enjoying life here so far. We miss home, but are becoming more comfortable here. The only thing that has been really annoying about our apartment is the fact that apparently we share a lease with a large family of beetles???? They are EVERYWHERE! They are teeny tiny flying brown beetles. Fairly harmless, but very annoying. One even flew at my head when we came home from Georgia over the weekend. I think he was having a party while we were gone and was mad that I was invading his space.
On that note, we had a very enjoyable weekend with family. We flew home to attend Stephen's Mamaw's wedding. It was a nice, although brief, visit. I was also happy to be temporarily reunited with our four-legged baby, Porthos. He seems to be very happy living in Grammy's backyard, but I do SO miss him! He turned 2 over the weekend, so I was glad his mommy was there to wish him a happy birthday. He is doing a good job of keeping Dixie, Stephen's childhood dog, company during her pregnancy (not by Porthos of course--he can't be a daddy if you catch my drift lol). He will have lots and lots of new friends in just a few weeks! Stephen and I also enjoyed eating at our favorite El Charro. We still haven't found a good Mexican restaurant to eat at here, but we will, don't you worry!
Well this has been an interesting mix of information. Such is the Craver life. More to come soon!
You, scatterbrained? NO! :) And...eew on the beetles...glad they decided to wait until after I left to show up!
ReplyDeletesurrounded by all that Cajun and Creole food, and you're still lookin' for Mexican? Amiga, when life give you lemons--lack or lack of mexican food--fire up the tabasco and taste the gator!
ReplyDelete