This blog is designed to chronicle our lives while we are in New Orleans. Hopefully, this will be one of many ways we can stay connected with friends and family from back home in Georgia.
Friday, August 27, 2010
Exploring the City
It's Friday night so Stephen and I headed out for our usual date night. We started this fun tradition not long after we got married. We made a commitment that Friday night is date night. Period. No other plans except for extreme circumstances. So we went exploring to find a good place to eat for date night. I was in the mood for something New Orleans-like so we hunted for a good cajun/creole restaurant. The GPS got us lost, as usual, looking for several popular eating places here. I think we're just going to have to invest in a map of New Orleans. Eventually, we gave up and ended up at the Acme Oyster House not far from my work on Veterans Blvd. It was pretty good, but definitely a little over rated. Then we headed home and hit a TON of traffic on I-10 because tonight is a pre-season home game for the Saints. Traffic was horrible!! So we exited on Carrollton and made an attempt to find something interesting to look at downtown. We actually stumbled into the Garden District. It was really fun getting to look at all the beautiful houses and watch the trollies drive around. I definitely think a trolly tour is in order soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment