Friday, July 30, 2010

one week down...a lot more to go!

Well, we made it through our first week in New Orleans. It's been an emotional and physical adjustment, but I would say we have settled in pretty well for the first week. We went to an ice cream "freeze off" last night at the pool. It was basically a homemade ice cream contest. We got to sample all of the contestants entries...DELICIOUS! Stephen's boss, Jim, won with his ice cream peanut butter chocolate with butterfinger! YUM! (We voted for that one!)

We have not met too many young married couples WITHOUT kids yet, so that has been a little difficult. Not that we don't love people who have kids, it would just be nice to find some folks that are in our same "frame of life" right now. So prayers would be appreciated about that.
I've pretty much gotten settled in my classroom. Connie, my parapro, has been a HUGE help! All we have left to do now is move one table out of the room and do the "knitty gritty" stuff to get ready for the first day of school like putting name plates on, labeling the cubbies, decorating the door, etc. I also have got to make my lesson plans for the first two weeks of school sometime, but I'm hoping Connie can help me with that, too. The curriculum is spelled out for me, but I still need a little guidance to understand what kindergarten has done in the past. Everything was pretty much set up for me, which is great! We are the redbird kindergarten class. Every class has an animal name. So everything in our room has to do with redbirds. It's really cute. Not much else is new...more posts to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment