My kids were very excited that it was my birthday. The whole school sang to me at chapel in the morning. My roommom brought cake and ice cream for the class, and we had a party in the afternoon so I could open my presents and cards from them. It was really sweet of them to bring me things. I got some really cute winter socks, a pretty pink sweater, some gift cards, some cute bracelets, some flowers and decorated cards. Lots of fun!
I came home to find some yummy smelling bath and body works stuff and Beauty and the Beast on DVD from Stephen. For dinner, we dressed up and went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse...delicious! We got a complimentary dessert from the waiter. It turned out the be really funny because when we first me the waiter, he wished me a happy birthday, but the rest of the dinner he kept talking about us celebrating our anniversary. We didn't correct him because we figured he was serving a lot of tables and probably just got confused. However, when he brought out our dessert, it read, "Happy Anniversary." Go figure! Oh well! It was cute either way! I was just happy to eat a great dinner and wear my "little brown dress." The dress was a real find over the summer. Nicole and I were out shopping, and I picked it up on a whim and tried it on. Of course I loved it as soon as it was on, but was terribly disappointed when I saw the $80 price tag. It was on the clearance rack, so I was hopeful that maybe it was mismarked...it WAS! I got it for $20! I was glad to finally get to wear it for my birthday! 26 has been a win so far!
I am SO glad you got to wear your dress. :) I am also SO jealous about Ruth's Chris and the deal you texted me about. But...happy for you!
ReplyDelete