
Today was a busy day at school. We had a character quality presentation at chapel, picture day, morning tests, AND Johnny Appleseed Day activities. Whew! What a day! We read apple books, tasted apple danishes, chips, juice, and different apple slices. We then graphed our favorite type. Then we read a lot of apple books. My room mom was subbing today for one of our assistants, so she took my kids outside for recess. Or so I thought! While the kids were on the playground she was "up to no good" planning a prank! To give you some background, I have been talking "smack" all week about how the Falcons are going to beat the Saints on Sunday. Today, I wore my Falcons t-shirt proudly! Well...that didn't go over very well in the Saints Nation. After it was almost time for my kids to come in from recess, I got a call over the intercom. She said, "Crystal, your window's down a little and it's about to rain. Come put it up!" So, of course, I believed her because as most of you know, my back window has been broken since before we left for New Orleans. We have it propped up, but it does fall down sometimes. So I went running out the door to put up my window only to be caught by my room mom with her camera snapping pictures of me coming out the door. Then I looked at my car and realized what was going on. There, allllll over my car, were yellow papers that said Geaux Saints, fry the "chickens"! There were even pages in my car that she was able to put in through the crack in my window! Then to make matters worse, my kids were standing by my car singing to "Who Dat" chant that goes like this: "Who dat say they gonna beat dem Saints? Who Dat? Who Dat?" Too funny! It's all in good fun. And we'll see who "dat" is that's gonna beat "dem" Saints on Sunday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment