Sunday, September 26, 2010

Falcons Voodoo No Help for Who Dat?

I've never been one to watch football, at least on T.V. I like watching high school football games in person, but mainly because of the social opportunities and listening to the band. T.V. football usually bores me. The crowd noise and announcers make me sleepy and want to take a nap, especially on Sunday afternoon games. However, today was a very different story. The Saints were playing the Falcons here, so of course, since I talked so much "smack" on Friday and my car was attacked by "evil" Saints fans at school, my students included, I had to watch the game today! Wow! What a game! The Falcons won by a field goal in overtime! You could ask Stephen, I was making comments and yelling at the T.V. just like a real fan. So funny! It was a really really good game. Both teams really put up a good fight, and the game went back and forth all afternoon. My favorite commerical right now is for NFL Sunday Ticket from Directv. It shows an old man making a voodoo doll with a red Falcons jersey of his next door neighbor, a Falcons fan living in New Orleans who has the audacity to watch Falcons games on NFL Sunday Ticket. Today's game just just shows that it doesn't matter how much "voodoo" the Saints fans have to offer, the Falcons will put up a fight. It wasn't easy, but it sure is nice to have a "W" for the Dirty Birds since it's not always easy being a Falcons fan in the Who Dat? Nation. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment