
Last weekend, my parents made the eight hour trek from Georgia to visit with us in New Orleans. It was really nice to get to see them and catch up for a short weekend visit. While they were here, we planned a riverboat ride on the Mississippi River on The Natchez Steamboat, New Orleans' last real steamboat. We also took them to a few of our favorite places to eat as well as down St. Charles Avenue to see all the pretty old style houses. I think they really enjoyed their visit here, but I definitely think they were ready to head home if for nothing more than the traffic, haha! :)

The view from the riverboat

The twin bridges on the Mississippi River

us on The Natchez


The humongo paddlewheel that powered the boat!

The view of the city of New Orleans



a tugboat!!

Civil War barracks

The Domino Sugar refinary

This boat was hauling sugar from the refinary to the cargo on the boat. I thought it was dirt at first, but then I realized it was sugar!!

The top of The Natchez. The big smoke stack was VERY loud when it blew!

Inside The Natchez is a restaurant. It's decorated in antique style...very interesing! They also have a jazz band that plays during lunch and dinner. We enjoyed going inside just to sit because it was very windy and cold on the deck. Of course, this week, after my parents went home, it's 75 degrees! Go figure!
No comments:
Post a Comment